About Me - Musician
1988 born Aditya Modak started learning Indian Classical Music at an early age of five years from Shri. Chandrakant Parker. He also received training under Shri. Pradeep Dhond for four years. Presently, he is seeking training under the able guidance of a renowned artist of Gwalior Gharana, Dr. Ram Deshpande for almost two decades.
Aditya is a Chartered Accountant and has accomplished his CA degree infirst attempt. He has successfully completed his graduation in the stream of Commerce with flying colors. He has also completed Sangeet Visharad from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Miraj, with Vishesh Yogyata (Excellence) and Sangeet Alankar with a First Class. In addition to this, he has successfully completed two years of Diploma in ‘Performing Arts’ from Mumbai University. He was working in one of the esteemed Multinational financial institution for five years and gave up his job to pursue his passion for Music as his full time profession. He is now heavily engaged in imparting knowledge to music students in India as well as abroad.
He has achieved excellence in many competitions – to name a few reputed ones;
1. Pt. Vishnu Digambar Paluskar Award for consecutive two years 2003 and 2004 held by Sharda
2. Gold Medal in Youth Festival for the three years 2007, 2009 & 2011.
3. He was awarded the First Prize and a Gold Medal for winning the Inter-University National level
competitions held at Tirupati.
4. He was also awarded the “Best Outgoing Student” by M.L. Dahanukar College of Commerce.
In addition to these awards, he has some prestigious scholarships to his credit like “Pt. Sawai
Gandharwa scholarship”, Pt. Bhimsen Joshi scholarship.”
Received the “National Scholarship” awarded by the Central government.
Received the Chaturang Foundation Award for the Year 2011.
Received the “Yuva Sangeet Pursakar” awarded by Vedic Heritage, New York (U.S.A.)
Recently received the “Dr. Vasantrao Deshpande Award” from SCZCC, Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
Recently received “Dr. Srirang Sangoram Puraskar” from Gaan Vardhan, Pune
He has performed in many prestigious organizations like:
1. Recently performed in the very prestigious music festivals “Hridayesh Arts Music festival” held in
Mumbai and in “Dr. Vasantrao Deshpande Samaroha” held in Nagpur
2. Recently, performed in Banaras at “Kashi Sangeet Samaj Mahotsav”
3. Performed at the “Gwalior Sangeet Mahotsav”
4. Chetna College, Bandra organized by Sangeet Research Academy (ITC SRA),
5. “Ankur 2006” festival organized by Padmabhushan Dr. N. Rajam in the memory of Late Pt.
6. He had the privilege to perform his art at the Vedic Heritage Inc., Hempstead, U.S.A. organized by Pt.
Jasrajji and other concerts in Louisville, Indiana, USA.
7. Performed at ‘Birla Matoshri’ in Mumbai organized by Vedic Heritage and also in Lonavala
organized by Pt. Jasrajji.
8. Dadar Matunga Cultural Centre (DMCC) at various occasions and Music Festivals.
9. Y.B Chavan Centre organized by “Rangswar” and also at the Shakuntala Sangeet Sammelan
organized by Gandharva Mahavidyalaya.